It’s that time again, hobbyists and crafters. Time for another edition of Hobbies Up To Here!
This week we have LOTS to share with you.
Firstly, we have a new email addresses! If you have questions, comments, or concerns for either one of us, you can email us directly!
Secondly we’ll be updating our Details tab and adding a Podcast tab for easy access to our podcast episodes!
We’ve had a lot going on lately from sew alongs to finished quilts to fresh starts to quilt shows.
- Definitely check out my splendid sampler posts and check back for updates.
- My mom finished her baby quilt and shared it with us last week.
- She’s also making headway on her paper piecing class even if it is giving her a headache.
- Jake started his very own Darth Vader quilt and he’s loving it!
Last weekend we went to not just one but TWO quilt/crafting shows here in southern California.
- On Saturday, we took a trip to Pomona for the Quilt, Craft, & Sewing Festival at the Pomona Fairplex. There was SO MUCH to see there and my dad was in the mind to seek out long arm machines. For research purposes (wink wink).
- Then on Sunday we went to the Friendship Square Quilt Guild show in La Habra. We saw some beautiful quilts, met lots of wonderful crafters, and even passed out a calling card or two!
Of course it’s hard to go to a show and NOT buy something. Both of us came home with some goodies.
- My mom walked away with a new ergonomical Martinelli rotary cutter.
- I brought home some PM Quilting rulers.
This week we introduced a new segment called Quilt & Coffee Chat. During this portion of our podcast, we’ll continue the discussion of past episodes, reply to blog comments, and read email from any readers or listeners we’ve received.
This week we shared comments from a few readers who gave us something to chew on and think over.
- Nonnie from Nonnie Quilting Dreams shared some fascinating background and history on quilting terms, pressing seams, and what different types of quilters are called in the midwest. Check out her comments on Episode #32.
- Alida from Tweety Loves Quilting commented on Episode #30 about coding and quilting and the blend between modern and traditional quilts. She’s hosting a pretty cool blog hop in May called Art with Fabric. Definitely check it out and see if it’s something you’d like to participate in!
- Kati from Kati’s Quilting and Sewing shared with us her experience of learning quilting and sewing techniques from HGTV and how we just gotta get in there and give ourselves the power of knowledge by learning any terms we need on our own. Her comments are here on Episode #21.
- I shared an email from Christa Watson that I had received. It had a beautiful picture of her thread stash that I was blown away by. So beautiful and colorful! We often forget to share other stashes we keep for all of our crafts so seeing a thread stash was fun and inspiring.
During our coffee chat, probably after the second cup had kicked in, we shared some of the other podcasts for crafters and quilters all around the web. We’re in great company with SO many awesome podcaster out there. And Nonnie has a pretty comprehensive list of podcasts to check out. She keeps it updated pretty regularly so pop on over, give it a peep, and check out some new podcasts!
And make sure you keeping checking back as I’m expecting a new mystery stash box to arrive in the mail any day now! I’m testing out some of the quilter’s box subscriptions available. So far I’ve received my first Try Me box from Quilter’s Stash Box. Next up is my first Quilty Box and in April I’ll receive a Sew Sampler box from the Fat Quarter Shop. I’m planning a full Youtube review video talking about the pros/cons of each box!
A lot is happening here at Hobbies Up To Here so make sure you’re subscribed to us so that you don’t miss a thing!!
Like us on Facebook: Hobbies Up To Here
Subscribe to us on iTunes: Hobbies Up To Here
Check out our YouTube channel: Katie V. with Hobbies Up To Here
Tune in for some Periscope fun: Katie V.
And follow us on BlogLovin: Hobbies Up To Here
Pop by on Instagram: Hobbies Up To Here