Hey Hobbyist and Crafters, it’s a special day today! Not only is it our podcast day but it’s our anniversary!!!
Happy 1st year Hobbies Up To Here!!
Check out our first podcast episode for old time’s sake!
On today’s podcast we list our top 5 projects that are the most memorable over the last year. It’s never easy to pick your favorite quilt or craft but we made the tough choices and are excited to share them with you!
Katie’s Top Five Favorites
- My 4th of July table runner was my first quilted project that really came together beautifully. I loved everything about it!
- Another finished runner, our Halloween runners, came out so different yet so great. We love them both!
- It seems any time I tried something new, I loved the outcome. My Christmas Dresden hanging came out beautifully and I would love to have it out all year long!
- The holidays really lit a creative fire and I couldn’t put it out. Along with my quilting projects, another holiday favorite was my Christmas wreath.
- My last favorite is a current on-going project. I’ve really taken to my Splendid Sampler blocks and find something new to learn or improve as I go along. And I had some ideas for Splendid Sampler beginners.
Katie’s Honorable Mention
During podcast episode 4, my mom surprised me with a new sewing machine. My Elna, aka Rosy, has become my best friend. I’m so thankful for the gift and so grateful for the opportunity to work with it!
Dori’s Top Five Favorites
- Dori’s first favorite memory recalls her first finish! Mike’s birthday quilt, the Music Quilt, was a grand undertaking and it came out beautifully!
- For her second pick, Dori remembered fondly the time and care she took to put together her Twisted Pinwheel quilt top.
- She also did a beautiful Dresden plate for a baby quilt that came out so incredible. It really showed how much she’s grown and how far her quilting has come.
- She also attempted some “3D sewing” and made a purse for my sister’s birthday. While the pattern was not as clear as she would like, it still looks amazing.
- And Dori’s last favorite is her current in-progress project, paper piecing. Having gone from not knowing that paper piecing existing to this beautiful outcome is saying a lot about her talent!
Dori’s Honorable Mention
It can be easy to forget where you started but Dori’s honorable mention is just that, her first official finished quilt from this past year. Her first baby quilt was not only her first in decades but her first quilt-as-you-go!
A Last Honorable Mention (Or Two!)
QuiltCon was an amazing experience! Check out my mom’s thoughts on meeting Mary Fons and Jenny Doan, our live podcast episode while we were there, our wrap-up podcast after we returned, and our YouTube video to share our thoughts.
The So Cal Quilter’s Run happens every June and local quilt shops participate in a themed shop-hop that runs two weekends in June. We went last year and had a blast and we plan to go again this year. Hopefully we’ll get to hang out again with our friend Melanie at Thousand Needles and maybe even visit a few shops together!
We have some exciting goals we want to work towards this coming year so make sure to subscribe to us wherever you can and return as often as possible to keep up with all of our crafty endeavors. And THANK YOU THANK YOU to all our listeners. Without you, we’d just be two crazy ladies sitting around, talking about our hobbies!
Like us on Facebook: Hobbies Up To Here
Subscribe to us on iTunes: Hobbies Up To Here
Check out our YouTube channel: Katie V. with Hobbies Up To Here
Tune in for some Periscope fun: Katie V.
And follow us on BlogLovin: Hobbies Up To Here
Pop by on Instagram: Hobbies Up To Here